Tuesday, March 5, 2013

When Is a Artist NO LONGER local?

The Fatherama Question #3 is....when is a artist no longer considered local? I only ask this because I wonder does local mean that you live in that city, or does local mean your music doesn't travel beyond that city and you only move locally? I ask this question because my local radio station (which is undoubtably local because you can only hear it in a certain area of the state) said they don't deal with local artist!!! Well, although I do reside in THIS city (as I have for over 20 years with a musical career to match!!!), I am currently signed to Wu-Tang's Protect Ya Neck Records (distribution), I am ranked #167 in the country and #221 in the world on reverbnation.com, my current video has over 100,000 views and my previous video has over 50,000, not to mention the fact that my entire album is produced by D.R.U.G.S. Beats who has produced singles or 50 Cent and Ludacris.....hell, my blog I just started in mid-December has over 10,000 views!!! lol!!! So, obviously my point is not that I need commercial radio to be successful, because my only request EVER to the LOCAL radio that claims to service the community is a short interview to promote my latest release AND to inform the youth in our city that they can follow their dreams and be successful in a city where they say that NOBODY will support you. It's redundant to think that you have to be platinum to be recognized because there are up and coming artist with NO albums such as the illustrious swagtician Trinidad James who was at our local radio station a couple of weeks ago. Why would I hate on that brother? He worked hard in his town of Atlanta and concocted a creative product that touched the people on some level when they were exposed to it. With that said why would we have a policy that only allows us to promote and expose ONLY those who reside outside of our humble state? No hard feelins, b/u/t at fatherama knows best WE EMPHATICALLY believe in callin' out BULLSHIT!!! lol!!! I can't wait to hear the thoughts on THIS!!!! - fatherama (hahahahahahahahahah)







No comments:

Post a Comment